Recently jeans there has been a growth in the number of persons wearing jeans, people see them as comfortable and suitable for most occasions.
Since jeans have evolved so much, there have been many changes in terms of where and how jeans are worn.
Nowadays, there seems to be a surge in styles that suits almost everyone. People can choose jeans to fit their body type and the occasion they are wearing them for.
As the working world advance into the age of technology companies have seemingly begun to accept more variations in their dress code policy.
With that said world-class companies such as restaurants, schools, banks and hospitals have grown to accept at least some staff wearing jeans.
What is business casual attire?
Business casual attire is normally clothes that are casual but accepted within a business organization.
These clothes are often worn on a regular basis or sported on specific days in some workplaces.
These are normally appropriately designed jean skirts, pants, sweaters, blazers, etc.
Business casual attire could also be a mixture of formal and casual attire. The design of the casual piece will most likely have a standard in most workspaces.
Some companies might be asked that you wear only certain color jeans for uniformity. Whilst others may be asked that you don’t wear any ripped jeans.
Understanding Business Dress Codes
Every business entity has variations in their dress codes, some places will ask you to wear only formal attire, while others will ask that you wear semi-formal attire.
Of course, your organization’s dress code will definitely be based on the type of business that is provided. A theme park will ask that you wear very casual clothing, while the Law firm might ask that you dress in very formal attire.
You can use your company’s staff handbook to guide you in terms of the dress that is appropriate for each day. I have worked in organizations where it has been accepted to wear jeans on Fridays.
Your position within an organization also determines what your dress code will be like. Managers and supervisors may dress more formally and in some cases, they may dress more casually. It all depends on the field in which you work.
Are jeans considered business casual?
Indeed jeans are considered business casual, they are casual attire that may be very appropriate when properly dress up for work.
Jeans are not recognized as formal clothing. Traditionally, people wear jeans to social events. Although jeans can be worn in the workplace not all business entities have accepted jeans as business-appropriate apparel.
Our servers, bank tellers, doctors, and even teachers might have been seen in a pair of jeans that has been nicely dressed up. I can remember dressing up my jeans so nicely at work that people did not even realize I was wearing a pair of jeans.
Which jeans are appropriate?
Most businesses have widely accepted dark color jeans without rips or cuts as the most appropriate for business casual attire.
The truth is that a lot of companies have been accepting more color variations, but mainly darker colors are readily accepted. Most companies ask that workers wear black, navy, or khaki-colored pants.
Most businesses will specifically request colors, loose-fitted jeans and non ripped jeans in fear that workers might go overboard.
Therefore skinny, ripped, super skinny jeans and some others may not be accepted as business casual jeans for most organizations.
Which jeans are appropriate at work?
Darker, ankle-length unripped jeans are the best jeans for work. They are seamless, minimalistic and in most cases fit right in with other workers who are wearing formal attire.
Although these jeans are generally accepted remember your company may offer other alternatives or maybe more restrictive.
How to dress up jeans for work? [5 Tips]
Jeans are not just for the weekends. If you’re ready to invest in a pair of nicer pants for work, you can wear them in a number of different ways. Here are some tips to wear jeans to work and still look professional –
- Wear dark color jeans: These fit nicely with any top and go well with the work setting. They are very seamless and easily comparable to typical work pants. How often do you mistake black or khaki jeans for dress pants? The dark colors draw less attention and compliment the rest of your clothing nicely.
- Add other formal clothes with the jeans: You can add a dress shirt and tie or a sheer dress blouse with your jeans to give a nice look. You can wear dress shoes, don’t go for flats or sneakers.
- Wear with tailored shirt or jacket: With a nicely tucked-in shirt and jack. Your dark-colored jeans will basically be hidden due to the intensity of the shirt and jacket. This provides you with an extremely formal look while wearing your jeans.
- Dress up with formal accessories: A nice black work watch, a nice reading glass, or just a really dark or nude colored belt and work shoe. This will allow your jeans to be so complimented it seems as though you are wearing traditional work pants.
- Wear simple the right fit with vibrant colors: Ensure the jeans fit you nicely, getting a perfect size helps, but try to wear with vibrant color tops as you want to compliment the dark-colored jeans.
If you want to rock some of your favorite jeans at work, check to see if the business casual dress code is accepted then go for it.
Honestly, our clothes do not define us, people like Steve job’s signature look is a pair of jeans with a plain blacktop. But we still have to observe company rules.
Choose appropriate jeans to wear, although jeans are accepted at work. You still have to consider that not all jeans are accepted in every workplace.
Your workplace is where you spend a tonne of your time. So you want to feel comfortable, whether you are wearing a pair of jeans or dress pants.
Figure out all the policy rules before choosing to wear your jeans to work.